Simon Nazarian is an Associate Partner at McKinsey & Co’s Los Angeles Office. He joined the Firm in January 2018 and is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s technology architecture and digital delivery practice with a focus on digital foundations
Recent experience (examples)
- Advising healthcare service operations to drive the future operating model and competitiveness of enterprise IT through a holistic set of opportunity levers and digital capabilities
- Assessment, value assurance & planning a technology implementation of a large system migration and consolidation including stack modernization and implementing digital foundations and capabilities
- Prior to joining McKinsey Simon’s focus were on directing multiple large scale strategic programs for healthcare while serving as the Executive Director and Divisional CTO for Kaiser Permanente’s Care Delivery Information Office where he led the Technology Architecture & Planning team along with Advanced Technologies & Innovation Labs helping to define and execute on the strategic direction of the business from concept to scale.
- Established many cross-functional federated teams to define and advocate business-aligned technology strategies, capital investments, and solution roadmaps to boost the performance of various enterprise programs and portfolios including Pharmacy, Health Information Exchange, telehealth (virtual care), analytics, remote patient monitoring, care team and consumer digital, etc.
- Executive technical leader of the Care Connectivity Consortium for five leading health systems (Mayo Clinic, Geisinger, Kaiser Permanente, Intermountain Healthcare, and Group Health) developing improved technologies for comprehensive, secure, reliable, and innovative HIE to enable healthcare provider organizations nationwide to deliver better, timelier, and more informed patient care.
- Drove Kaiser’s care team digital strategy by supporting development of partnerships with Google, Apple, Samsung, and other strategic vendors/customers to bring about key innovative technologies
Education and previous experience
- Simon holds an MBA in information strategy.
- He holds non-profit board positions in the Los Angeles area focusing on improving access to healthcare via digital means